The Alumni Advisory Board (AAB), formerly known as the Alumni Society, serves as a bridge between Pitt Social Work and the Social Work community. The AAB is actively committed to:
- Connecting current students with experienced social work alumni.
- Hosting programming and professional development events to promote career advancement and strategic networking among current Pitt Social Work students, alumni, faculty and staff.
- Recognizing alumni excellence through the Distinguished Alumni Awards program.
- Advancing the impact of the social work profession in the community.
The AAB meets every other month and gladly welcomes all Pitt Social Work alumni who are interested in participating.
So why become an AAB member?
Alumni join the AAB for many reasons, including the opportunity to:
- Reconnect with former classmates and meet fellow alumni
- Share experiences and expertise with current students
- Give back as an ambassador for Pitt Social Work
- Take on a leadership role as AAB Chair, Vice Chair or one of the subcommittee chairs
- And more!
We hope to see at one of the upcoming alumni events!
2021 AAB Leadership Team
- AAB Chair - Jess Murray, MSW ‘14
- AAB Vice Chair/Membership Subcommittee Chair - Talia Landerman, MSW ‘19
- Programming Subcommittee Chair – Anette Nance, MSW ‘20
- Engagement Subcommittee Chair - Micki McDonough, MSW ’98, PhD ‘05