The School of Social Work student body represents a diverse cross-section of our profession. Students from the Baccalaureate, Masters, and Doctoral program bring a wide range of experiences from communities locally, nationally and globally. The opportunities to make the most of your experience are plentiful both within the University of Pittsburgh and throughout the surrounding region.
Students are encouraged to take leadership positions with our student groups, participate in lectures, attend social events, and support the ongoing development of their fellow students.
Scholarships and Fellowships
The School of Social Work offers a variety of scholarship and fellowships, as well as links to other resources.
- Child Welfare Education for Baccalaureates (CWEB)
- Center on Race & Social Problems Fellowship
- Child Welfare Workforce Excellence Fellows
- COAL (Coalition for Opioid and Addiction Leadership) Fellowship
- Community Engagement Fellowship
- Expect Respect Fellowship
- Hartford Partnership Program for Aging Education
- Library Social Work Fellowship
- Roth Fellowship
The VanKirk Career Center within the School of Social Work offers students and alumni a wide array of services to help you achieve your career goals.
Union of Black Social Work Students
We aspire to bring together students at the bachelor, master, and doctoral levels...
For the latest news and information on the COVID-19 pandemic and the plans for classes and field.
Graduation & Diplomas
All you need to know about graduation, plus archived photos and videos from past ceremonies.