Established in 1918, Pitt Social Work is a recognized leader in social work education, research, and administration. Ranked #17 by US News and World Report in their 2019 rankings of graduate schools of social work, it has trained students for careers in a multitude of services including child welfare, mental health, community development, substance abuse, work with the elderly, domestic violence, diagnosis and treatment of families and their children, issues related to incarceration, and faith-based initiatives.
Help support Pitt Social Work as we train the next generation of social work scholars and social justice champions!
Donors can make a gift to one of many areas of impact, including:
- School of Social Work Scholarship Fund: Scholarships allow the School to attract outstanding students and afford them an opportunity to learn at one of the country’s leading graduate schools of social work.
- School of Social Work – Unrestricted Support: Unrestricted funds provide the School with support as it meets new challenges.
- Center on Race and Social Problems: Funding to the Center on Race and Social Problems (CRSP) allows continued progress toward its mission to conduct applied social science research on race, color, ethnicity and their influence on the quality of life for all Americans.
- Hartford Partnership for Aging Education: The Hartford Partnership Program for Aging Education is a unique educational program designed to enhance both direct practice and leadership skills of students studying gerontology.
- Child Welfare Education and Research Program: The Child Welfare Education and Research Program equips child welfare workers to deal with the increasingly complex demands of public child welfare practice.
- School of Social Work Endowment for COSA Students: Created in 2006 by the late Emeritus Professor James V. Cunningham, the COSA Fund provides support to students who exemplify, and hold promise for strong professional practice as community organizers.
If you are interested in establishing a new fund or making a contribution to an area of impact not listed above, please reach out to our development team to explore your options for support.
Our development team works with donors to make their gift through a variety of different methods, including:
- Donation online at Pitt Social Work’s giving page
- Send to:
Pitt Social Work
c/o Development and Alumni Relations
4200 Fifth Avenue
2117 Cathedral of Learning
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
- Via phone (see contact below) or respond to annual Telefund appeals
- Stocks or securities
- Gifts-in-kind, real estate, employer matching
- Planned Giving: Leave a legacy at Pitt Social Work by donating through a bequest, retirement plan or a charitable gift annuity.
If you need any assistance, please contact a member of our development team: