The BASW Club is designed to promote and enhance the development of the academic and social aims and interests of the students in the BASW Program. The BASW Club also promotes student and community interest in and interaction with the School of Social Work. The BASW Club has no dues. When students are accepted into the BASW major they are automatically members of the BASW Club. Students who are social work minors or are considering social work as a profession may attend meetings and be involved in activities, but are NOT considered to be voting members of the BASW Club.
The BASW Club is led by an executive board, elected annually, comprised of the following positions; President, Vice President, Secretary, Social Chair, Junior Representative (2), and a Business Manager.
The BASW program encourages student participation in all academic committees that serve to formulate and modify school-related policies in partnership with the BASW Club. BASW students serve on the following committees:
- Academic and Professional Behavior Review Committee
- Admissions Committee
- BASW Program Committee
- Inclusion and Diversity Committee
- Planning and Budget Committee
To learn more, read the Constitution of the BASW Club.
You can learn more about the hundreds of student clubs and organizations, including the BASW Club by visiting the Student Organization Resource Center (SORC).
BASW Club Leadership 2023-2024
PRESIDENT Lily McBride
- Preside over all BASW Club General Body Meetings and Board Meetings
- Call agenda of meetings
- Appoint committees with the approval of the Officers
VICE PRESIDENT Abby Rose
- Assist the President
- Preside over BASW Club meetings in the absence of the President
- Assume the duties of the President if the President is unable to perform the duties of the office, or is unable to complete their term in office
SECRETARY Ava Hess
- Record and distribute minutes of all meetings in a timely manner
- Maintain a permanent file/database of all records and documents to be passed onto the next student elected as Secretary
BUSINESS MANAGER Betty Kromah
- Supervise the budgets of the BASW Club and maintain a database of said budgets
- Design, sell, and distribute all apparel the club orders for students
SOCIAL CHAIR Katie Vasalani
- Organizes social events outside of General Body Meetings
- Manages mentorship programs
- Advocacy and Wellness/diversity concerns