School of Social Work Afternoon of Recognition Graduation Ceremony
Sunday August 28, 2022
Time: 2:30 pm
Location: University Club, Ballroom B,123 University Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Steps for Graduation
Step 1 Apply for Graduation from the University of Pittsburgh (see instructions below)
Step 2 RSVP for the School of Social Work Graduation Ceremony (Each student may invite up to 5 guests)
Step 3 Information on purchasing regalia from the University Bookstore will be forthcoming
- Applying for Graduation
Our School of Social Work spring term graduation will be held on Sunday, August 28, 2022. Please save the date, more details to come.
Graduation is not an automatic process; you must submit an application for graduation.
The application must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your MSW Curriculum Guide (MSW students only), which is to be reviewed with your academic advisor prior to submission. A sample graduation application is available on the School’s graduation website.
When saving your graduation form, please name the file:
- Last Name-First -Grad Date
- Example: Smith-Jane-Aug22 MSW
When saving your MSW Curriculum Guide, please name the file:
- Last Name-First- Grad Date-Guide DP- OR -Last Name-First- Grad Date-Guide COSA
- Example: Smith-Michelle-Aug22-Guide DP- OR -Smith-Michelle-Aug22- Guide COSA
Both documents are to be emailed to email@example.com no later than TBD
Please note that is you are a joint degree student; you must also submit an application to the other degree-granting program (i.e. Law School, GSPH, etc.).
- RSVP for the School of Social Work Graduation Ceremony
RSVP by clicking here. (Each student may invite up to 5 guests)
Summer 2022 Graduation Event Details
We look forward to celebrating with you on Sunday, August 28, 2022, as you mark your graduation from our School of Social Work!
Here are the quick details:
What - August Graduation Ceremony for the University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work
Who - Graduates from Pitt Social Work BASW, MSW, and PhD programs
When - Sunday, August 28th at 2:30pm (graduates please arrive by 1:30pm)
Where – University Club, Ballroom B,123 University Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Attire - Regalia and masks are required for all students, masks required for all guests
Here are the specifics (please read fully):
- Your guests should plan on arriving by TBD so we can get the ceremony started promptly at TBD. They will NOT receive emailed tickets. We will check them in when they arrive at our registration table.
- Please arrive by no later than 1:30. You will check in when you arrive and pick up your name card. Please review and write down a phonetic spelling so your name can be properly read to the audience. Keep this name card with you
- Proceed to the lobby where we will line up (don't worry about lining up alphabetically, please line up with those who you'd like to sit with), and volunteers will check everyone's cap, gown and hood. If you are curious how to wear your regalia, please check out this great video online.
- Information on purchasing regalia from the University Bookstore will be forthcoming
- Once the ceremony begins, we will process into the auditorium, led by our faculty and two student speakers - you will be seated in the reserved seats in the front of the stage. A volunteer will help with seating.
- When we get to the presentation of graduates, you will be guided up to the stage, and hand your name card to Prof. Amy DeGurian. Please proceed across the stage before your name is read to keep things flowing. You will receive a diploma cover from Dean Farmer, well-wishes from Dr. Betru and Dr. Jones, and your alumni pin from Devin Cecere. When you step off the stage there will be an opportunity for you to pose for a picture with our photographer, a volunteer will guide you back to your seat.
- Following the ceremony there will be a reception with light refreshments
- August 2022 Graduation Timeline
February 12, 2022: First date to submit applications for AUGUST 2022 graduation.
May 13, 2022: Last date to submit AUGUST 2022 graduation applications without a fee.
June 14, 2022: Applications submitted now must include a $15.00 late fee.
July 1, 2022: Applications submitted now must include a $25.00 late fee.
July 18, 2022: Applications submitted now must include a $35.00 late fee.
July 29, 2022: FINAL DATE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS FOR AUGUST 2022 GRADUATION.
August 13, 2022: Official date for degrees awarded for AUGUST 2022 graduation.
August 28, 2022: School of Social Work August 2022 Graduating Class Afternoon of Recognition Celebration.
Sept 8, 2022: Transcripts with degrees posted available in the Transcript Office, G-3 Thackeray Hall.
Sept 22-Sept 28, 2022: Begin mailing diplomas for the AUGUST 2022 graduates.
- Diplomas and Transcripts
Diplomas will be mailed out at no charge approximately 6-8 weeks after the end of your term of graduation.
Allow 30 days from the advertised ship date to consider the diploma lost for domestic mail, 90 days for international delivery.
To declare a diploma lost, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transcripts and Enrollment Verifications
Official Transcripts are requested through the Office of the University Registrar. Visit their website for electronic and hard copy transcripts and enrollment verifications.
If you are applying for social work licensure (LSW, LMSW) prior to graduation you will need to have an Education Verification form completed by the School of Social Work Recorder. Please contact Susanna Cammarata at email@example.com.