- Graduation is not an automatic process; students must submit an application for graduation.
- SSW students must apply online for graduation within the semester they expect to graduate.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’ve applied for graduation and need to postpone.
- Students are responsible for reapplying for graduation in the subsequent semester they expect to graduate.
- Applying for Graduation
- Complete the online application by logging into my.pitt.edu and following these instructions.
- MSW students only: Your MSW Curriculum Guide, which is to be reviewed with your academic advisor prior to submission, must be emailed to email@example.com
- When saving this form, please name the file:
- Last Name-First Grad Date-Guide DP or COSA
- Ex: Rogers-Fred-Dec22-Guide DP / Rogers-Fred-Dec22-Guide COSA
- Your name on your graduation application must be identical to the way it appears in PeopleSoft. You will be required to provide legal documentation to change your name. Acceptable forms of documentation are:
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Divorce Decree
- Formal Court Order
- Please note that if you are a joint degree student; you must also submit an online application to the other degree-granting program (i.e. Law School, GSPH, etc.).
- RSVP for the School of Social Work Graduation Ceremony
More information coming soon.
December 2022 Graduation Event Details
More information coming soon.
- December 2022 Graduation Timeline
Aug 29, 2022:First date to submit applications for December 2022 graduation.
Oct 1, 2022: Applications submitted now must include a $25.00 late fee.
Nov 18, 2022: FINAL DATE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS FOR DECEMBER 2022 GRADUATION BY 5PM
Dec 17, 2022: Official date for degrees awarded December 2022 date graduation.
Jan 13, 2023: Transcripts with degrees posted for December 2022 available through the Transcript Office, G-3 Thackeray Hall.
Jan 31 - Feb 6, 2023: Begin mailing diplomas for the December 2022 graduates.
- Diplomas and Transcripts
- You must be in good financial standing with the University to receive your diploma.
- To ensure your diploma is routed to the correct address, you can update your Graduation Address through PeopleSoft up to one month prior to the end of your graduation term/session.
- Diplomas will be mailed out at no charge approximately 6-8 weeks after the end of your term of graduation.
- Allow 30 days from the advertised ship date to consider the diploma lost for domestic mail, 90 days for international delivery.
- To declare a diploma lost, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All discrepancies should be brought to the attention of the Office of the University Registrar immediately.
Transcripts and Enrollment Verifications
- Official Transcripts are requested through the Office of the University Registrar. Visit their website for electronic and hard copy transcripts and enrollment verifications.
If you are applying for social work licensure (LSW, LMSW) prior to graduation you will need to have an Education Verification form completed by the School of Social Work Academic Registration and Records Manager. Please contact Susanna Cammarata at email@example.com.