Now accepting applications for fall term 2022!
The MSW program at the University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown is a part-time program that prepares students to engage in empirically supported and culturally competent advanced social work practice. It offers a specialization in direct practice with individuals, families and small groups, with a specialization in mental health.
A new cohort of accepted students may start every two years, completing six credits per semester for 10 consecutive semesters. Students may successfully complete the MSW in three and a half years. Geared towards working professionals, classes are held in the evenings at Pitt's campus in Johnstown, Pa. The Pitt-Johnstown MSW program shares the same academic goals, standards and requirements as the program at the Pittsburgh campus.
Students are eligible for a 15% tuition discount if they meet the following conditions:
- Students must be employed by either a non-profit or social service agency as a full-time employee for no fewer than 35 hours per week and work directly in a capacity with individuals, families, groups or communities.
- Students are not eligible for the discount if they are already receiving either tuition remission or reimbursement from Pitt or their employer.
- Verification of employment must be provided by a signed letter on agency letterhead stationary by either the CEO or human services manager/director verifying the student's employment, weekly hours worked and job title.
After September 15,2021, you can apply to the program through the main campus admissions process (link below) . To apply you will need to provide:
• The online MSW application form
• Electronically-signed field education document (included in the application)
• 3-5 page double spaced typed personal statement
• Official and sealed copies of transcript for all colleges/universities attended
• 3 letters of recommendation
• Copy of resume
Successful completion of 3-credit coursework in statistics or quantitative analysis (If a student does not have a course in Statistics, this requirement must be completed before enrollment. Many applicants take this course at a community college if it was not a part of their previous studies)
Please let's chat at your convenience.
Misha Zorich, Pitt-Johnstown MSW Program Coordinator
University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
450 Schoolhouse Road
Biddle Hall 150D
Johnstown, PA 15904