BASW: Applications Process

Pitt Students

Current Pitt students who wish to apply to the School of Social Work will need to complete the BASW online application which requires a personal statement upload as well as two letters of recommendation, in addition to providing their official transcripts.

School of Social Work Application 

*You will also need to provide an official Pitt transcript. 

Transfer Students

If you have previously attended a school other than Pitt, you will need to submit/complete the University of Pittsburgh Transfer Application and then you must submit/complete the School of Social Work Application.

Step one: University of Pittsburgh Transfer Application

Step two: You will need to provide official college and high school transcripts.

Step three: School of Social Work Application (please note, personal statement and two recommendations required within this online application)

For full details on the transfer process, please visit the Pitt Office of Admissions and Financial Aid page for Transfer Students. There you will find information and policies on transfer credits and other application procedures. 

Application materials can be sent to:

University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work
Office of Admissions-BASW
2101 Cathedral of Learning
4200 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Fax: 412-624-6711