Persons seeking admission to the PhD Program must demonstrate the potential for doctoral studies. All applicants to the Doctoral Program in Social Work must provide the following:
- Completion of the PhD Application.
- Official copies of all official undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- *Optional: GREs taken within the last five years. (Use code 2927).
- A general statement of the applicant's academic and professional experience, including future career goals. This statement should relate past and current experience to the applicant's future educational and career objectives.
- A short analysis of a social policy issue.
- Three letters of reference from professors and persons who have known the applicant in a professional capacity. Do not include personal references.
- The $50 application fee is waived for fall 2022 applicants.
Application components should be sent to:
University of Pittsburgh
School of Social Work
Office of Admissions
2101 Cathedral of Learning
4200 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
The doctoral program is strongly committed to a policy of equal educational opportunity for people of all races, creeds and ethnic origins.