Committed to the inclusion of social workers in health care settings
Develop a deep understanding of the relationship between behavioral health (mental health, substance use) and physical health while completing your concentration field placement with the largest healthcare provider in the region.
Applications accepted online here (Please have pdf or word docs of your statement of interest, unofficial transcripts, and resume ready before you click):
Please email this link to your recommender (professional recommendation from a work or internship supervisor is suggested). Letter of Recommendation forms can be found here:
Benefits of becoming a Roth Fellow
- An opportunity to spend two semesters at the UPMC Health Plan, one of the largest providers of healthcare-related employment in the region.
- As a Roth fellow, you will have the opportunity to gain experience working in interdisciplinary teams. You will address the social determinants of health that impede many Health Plan members’ ability to engage in treatment such as poverty, social support, neighborhood conditions, and access to health education.
- UPMC provides a stipend of $6,000
- Second year or advanced standing, full-time students
- Demonstrated strong academic performance
- Priority will be given to students with a focus on healthcare and/or gerontology
- Statement of interest
- Unofficial transcripts
- Letter of recommendation (A professional recommendation from a work or internship supervisor is suggested)
Deadline is March 15. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis after that
Questions? Contact the Project Manager:
Melissa Brusoski, MPH