The School of Social Work welcomes applications from students from other countries. Undergraduate international applicants should contact:
Applicants may also wish to contact the following office:
University of Pittsburgh Office of International Services William Pitt Union Pittsburgh, PA 15260 412-624-7125
Click here for more information about the English Language Proficiency Test and the English Language Comprehensibility Test.
Applicants to the master's program who have a social work degree from a college or university outside the United States and who wish to have their transcripts evaluated for advanced standing credit should contact the Council on Social Work Education's Foreign Equivalency Determination Service.
The School of Social Work recognizes the financial hardship cost to have a NACES transcript evaluation completed. Therefore we are no longer requiring a credential evaluation for international students. Please have your official English-translated transcript sent to the address below.
University of Pittsburgh
School of Social Work
Office of Admissions
2101 Cathedral of Learning
4200 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
English Language Testing
- The University of Pittsburgh TOEFL code is 2927
- The School requires a minimum score of 100 (with a minimum of 21 on verbal) on the TOEFL test and 7.0 on the IELTS test in order to be considered for admission. The School highly recommends and much prefers that applicants take the IELTS examination.
- An English-Language Test is not required if you completed a degree at a University or College where English is the first Language
- A Skype interview may be required for International Applicants
- Duolingo Engish proficiency test also accepted
TOEFL Score Requirements
The University of Pittsburgh TOEFL code is 2927
Applicants should have a score of 100 or better on their TOEFL (with a minimum of 21 on verbal)
No TOEFL is required for applicants who complete their MSW degree at a CSWE accredited program in the United States.