Pitt's School of Social Work would like to welcome you to Pitt with this year’s new student orientation, welcoming you with a picnic at 11:30am-1:30am, in Schenley Plaza across the street from the Cathedral of Learning, behind Dippy the Dinosaur, besides Carnegie Museum (near trees left of Schenley Plaza and Right of the Museum). Additionally, relevant supplementary materials will be fully “on-demand” for your convenience. We encourage you to view any relevant videos sharing important information on our academic programs, student services, research and training centers, and more prior to the start of the fall term. Please note, these videos are accessible with closed captioning available.
Also, be sure to sign up here for the August 24th, 2pm-6:30pm Provost’s Office orientation which will serve as a great accompaniment to our orientation materials offering more resources such as Title IX presentations, Graduate and Professional Student Government presentations, Student Advocacy presentations (ombuds and reporting concerns), Developing Diversity, and a Grad Student Health Insurance info session. There will also be interactive breakout sessions on these topics as well. Materials will be recorded and available for later viewing as well.
Looking for contact information? Please visit our faculty and staff pages.
Title IX Required Training
Complete the tracking form clicking here where upon completion of the form you will be automatically sent directions on completing the required training.
Videos for All Students
- Dean Betsy Farmer
- Helen Petracchi, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
- James Huguley, Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Keith Caldwell, Associate Dean For Student Success and Assistant Professor
- Johanna Byrd, Executive Director of the Pennsylvania Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers
- Jessica Murray, Chair, Alumni Advisory Board
- Mary Beth Rauktis, Research Assistant Professor TOPIC: APA Standards
- Arif Jamal, Liaison Librarian
- Philippa Carter, Director of Diversity Initiatives and Academic Affairs, Student of Color Dinner Series
- Chandler Dangerfield, Current MSW Student, Pitt ID Perks
Videos for BASW Students
- Toya Jones, BASW Program Director
Videos for MSW Students
- Yodit Betru, MSW Program Director
- Beth Mulvaney, Clincal Assistant Professor and Direct Practice Chair
- Mary Ohmer, Associate Professor and Community Organization and Social Action (COSA) Chair
- John Dalessandro, Director of Field Education
- Amy DeGurian, Field Education Coordinator and Lecturer
- Laura Borish, CWEB/CWEL Agency Coordinator and Field Assistant Professor