Pitt's School of Social Work would like to welcome you to Pitt with this year’s new student orientation being fully “on-demand” for your convenience. We encourage you to view any relevant videos sharing important information on our academic programs, student services, research and training centers, and more prior to the start of the fall term. Please note, these videos are accessible with closed captioning available.
Also, be sure to sign up here for the August 17th, 3pm-5pm (EDT) Provost’s Office orientation which will serve as a great accompaniment to our orientation materials offering more resources such as Title IX presentations, Graduate and Professional Student Government presentations, Student Advocacy presentations (ombuds and reporting concerns), Developing Diversity, and a Grad Student Health Insurance info session. There will also be interactive breakout sessions on these topics as well. Materials will be recorded and available for later viewing as well.
Looking for contact information? Please visit our faculty and staff pages.
- Dean Betsy Farmer
- Keith Caldwell, Associate Dean For Student Success and Assistant Professor
- Johanna Byrd, Executive Director of the Pennsylvania Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers
- Jessica Murray, Chair, Alumni Advisory Board
- Jocelyn Horner, Director of Development, Alumni Engagement and Connections
- Mary Beth Rauktis, Research Assistant Professor TOPIC: APA Standards
- Arif Jamal, Liaison Librarian
- Student Executive Council (SEC)
- Union of Black Social Work Students (UBSW)
- Toya Jones, BASW Program Director
- Yodit Betru, MSW Program Director
- Darren Whitfield, Assistant Professor and Direct Practice Chair
- Mary Ohmer, Associate Professor and Community Organization and Social Action (COSA) Chair
- John Dalessandro, Director of Field Education, TOPIC: Field Generalist
- John Dalessandro, Director of Field Education, TOPIC: Advanced Standing
- Amy DeGurian, Field Education Coordinator and Lecturer
- Melvin Cherry, Field Education Coordinator and Lecturer
- Laura Borish, CWEB/CWEL Agency Coordinator and Field Assistant Professor