Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! Please read the following information carefully to ensure that you and your guests are able to attend your commencement ceremony safely.
- All graduates are to arrive through the Petersen Events Center LOBBY LEVEL entrance only.
- Doors will open at 2:30 p.m. Graduates must be in the building no later than 3:00 p.m. and in their seat by 3:45 p.m.
- Graduates are to arrive with their regalia and academic hood on. Regalia is required for the ceremonies. All regalia can be purchased online at https://www.commencement.pitt.edu/diploma-regalia.
- Face coverings are required for entry into the Petersen Events Center for graduates, and they must be worn for the duration of the event. You must socially distance at all times, and hand sanitizing stations will be located in the lobby and throughout the Petersen Events Center.
- Once you arrive in the LOBBY LEVEL entrance, you will check in at the registration area in the lobby to receive your name card.
- After checking in, you will proceed through Stairwell 1 or Stairwell 2 to the EVENT LEVEL and make your way onto the Petersen Events Center Floor. You must be in your seat 15 minutes before the start of the ceremony.
- Do not bring any bags, backpacks, or purses with you. There will be no place to store them during the ceremony, and you may not return to your seat after crossing the stage.
- Each graduate is allowed a maximum of 2 guests.
- All guests will enter the Petersen Events Center through either CONCOURSE A or CONCOURSE C. (CONCOURSE A is handicap accessible)
- All guests must have a ticket for admittance and will be required to sit in their assigned seat for social distancing purposes. Tickets will be sent electronically to the graduate. It is your responsibility to send them to your guests.
- Face coverings are required for entry into the Petersen Events Center for guests and must be worn for the duration of the event.
- Doors to the Petersen Events Center will open to guest at 3:00 p.m.
- Parking will be available for free in the OC lot (with overflow parking in the connected TV lot). Handicap parking is available in the BST lot (handicap hang tag is required). A shuttle will be available from the OC lot to the Peterson Events Center.
- After the ceremony, guests will leave the Peterson Events Center immediately. Graduates will exit after all guests have made their way outside. Be sure to arrange a meeting spot outside of the Peterson Events Center to meet your guests after the ceremony.
- All commencement related information can be found at www.commencement.pitt.edu.
Any questions, concerns can be sent to Keith Caldwell at firstname.lastname@example.org