Hello BASW & MSW Graduates!
We are looking forward to your Commencement Ceremony on Sunday May 2 at 4pm, thank you for your RSVP to attend the ceremony in person. The Commencement will be held at the Petersen Events Center, please visit the following link for full details on the venue, including arrival procedures for both graduates and their guests. https://www.commencement.pitt.edu/venue-faqs/petersen-event-center-faq
As noted, we will be joining graduates from the School of Computing & Information and School of Education for a combined ceremony, recognizing a combined 300 undergraduate and graduate students. We are excited to be joined by School of Social Work alum and Forbes Funds President and CEO Fred Brown as our commencement speaker. https://forbesfunds.org/about/team/
The ceremony will be lived cast through the University website for those who have guests who are unable to attend in person.
For those students who have elected to have two in-person guests, electronic tickets will be emailed directly to you. You must then send those electronic tickets directly to your guests. I have checked in with the ticketing office and they are to email them to you this weekend.
You can find guidance on the day of the ceremony online, but a couple of important notes/highlights:
- Doors will open at 2:30 p.m. Graduates must be in the building no later than 3:00 p.m. and in their seat by 3:45 p.m.
- Regalia (cap/gown) is required
- Masks are required at all times
- Students will be seated socially distanced for the ceremony
- You will have your name announced by a professional name reader (we will have name cards for you when you arrive at the registration tables) and walk across the stage, but no handshaking
We will have several volunteers on hand to help make your day a success and look forward to seeing you!
Keith J. Caldwell, EdD, MSW
Associate Dean for Student Success